How To Obtain An Airport Credential
In compliance with 49 CFR, Part 1542, all employees must have the proper security and identification credentials to work on airport properties.
Steps to complete the badge application process:
- Talk with your employer about getting an airport badge.
- Download and complete the SIDA Application.
- Contact the badging office to schedule a fingerprint appointment. Drop-in appointments are not allowed. Please call the badging office to schedule your appointment. Two forms of ID are required for this appoitment.
- After a Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and a Security Threat Assessment (STA) has been completed, badge applicants will be allowed to attend Security and Driver's training. Classes are scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 AM and Wednesday at 1:00 PM – advance registration is required.
- Online training is required for renewal applications and must be enrolled through the badging office. A valid email address is required to send the training information.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday - 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All badging related operations require an appointment.
Airport Security Badge Application Forms
- Badge Application - Badging applications must be HAND delivered to the badging office
- AOA Vehicle Permit Application
- I-9 Acceptable Documents List
Two forms of ID will be required for processing, please review Form I-9 for a list of all acceptable documents. These must be the original documents and not a duplicate or photo copy.
Signatory Authority is granted to company representatives who are authorized to request fingerprinting and the issuance of DCRA identification badges for their employees. Signatory authority holders are company supervisory personnel who are entrusted to verify employment background and work authorization documents. The number of signatory authority holders for each company varies, but is limited to a maximum of two (2) per company. Requests to amend signatory authority must be made in writing by company leadership on company letterhead. Individuals designated as authorized signatories, must receive initial authorized signatory training as well as annual recurrent training. Classes are by appointment. Please call the badging office to schedule this class.
NOTE: All signatories must first be badged at DCRA before given authorization to sign for others in their respective company or organization.
Badging Office Contact Information
The Airport Badging Office is located in the main terminal adjacent to American Airlines ticket counter.
4000 International Lane
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 661-6444