Local and State Guidlines
What MSN Is Doing To Keep Passengers Safe
DCRA Safety Measures
Face coverings are required in the terminal. The TSA and Public Health Madison & Dane County require face coverings at the airport.
All touched surfaces are cleaned at least once a day. This includes escalators, handrails, seats, tables, bathrooms, water fountains, and baggage belts. High touch areas like handrails, bathrooms, and baggage belts are cleaned multiple times a day.
- We have acquired the most effective cleaning technology in the industry. This includes fogging machines and sanitizer sprayers that provide thorough cleaning throughout the terminal.
- All restrooms are meticulously cleaned at least two times a day.
- We have touchless soap dispensers and faucets in all our restrooms.
- We have implemented numerous hand sanitizer stands throughout the terminal allowing you to sanitize after every touchpoint of your airport journey.
- We have implemented signage on our flight information displays and at each entrance reminding passengers to social distance, wear a face covering, cover coughs and sneezes, and wash their hands frequently.
Here is what our partners are doing to keep passengers safe
- All airlines are cleaning each airplane before every flight.
- All airlines are requiring passengers to wear masks to board a flight and in flight.
- All restaurant and gift shop employees wear masks.
- All rental car companies are performing a deep clean of their vehicles after every use.
- All gift shop, airline, and rental car companies have implemented or are in the process of implementing counter shields.
Here is what you can do to help keep everyone safe
- Wear a face covering when you come to the airport. They are required in the terminal and airline's require them on the aircraft.
- Social distance from people who are not in your household. This applies throughout the terminal.
- Wash your hands and cover your mouth with your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Also, avoid touching your face with unclean hands.
- Check your destinations State and local Public Health guidelines for any requirements for arriving travelers.
- Use your airline's mobile app to check in on your phone. This will help limit the number of people in the queuing area and limit the number of interactions at the airport.
- Social distance in baggage claim. Be patient and avoid congregating around the baggage belt until your luggage arrives.
- Use our free cell phone lot to wait for arriving passengers. If you are picking up passengers, wait for them in your vehicle.
- Be kind to other passengers. We will get through this tough time together.
FAQs on COVID-19
Q: Is the airport open?
A: Yes, the Dane County Regional Airport is an essential service and will remain open.
Q: Are all airport vendors and amenities open?
A: At this time, not all vendors and amenities are open at the airport. Each vendor will be opening based on passenger demand. There are limited food and beverage options available post-security. Look on our Restaurants page and Shops page to see what is currently open.
Q: Am I required to wear a face covering at the airport?
A: Face coverings are required inside the Dane County Regional Airport terminal. Public Health Madison & Dane County and the TSA now require people age two and older to wear a face covering in public buildings. You can read more about the TSA order here, and you can read more about the Public Health Madison & Dane County order here.
Q: What are the airlines requiring in order for me to board my flight?
A: Each airline has its own requirements and guidelines with regard to what travelers will need to do in order to board a flight. For example, most airlines are requiring face coverings to board the plane. These guidelines and requirements are subject to change. It is important that you check with your airline before you come to the airport to be properly prepared. A list of airlines at the Dane County Regional Airport can be found here: https://www.msnairport.com/flight_travel/airlines.
Q: I’m flying out of the airport – will I be subject to a medical screening before my flight?
A: If you are sick or experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat), you should not travel and stay home. The airport is not conducting health screenings but please check with your airline on their policies regarding health screenings.
Q: Will I need to quarantine if I travel?
A: The Dane County Regional Airport does not regulate Public Health guidelines. Please check with the State, County, or City Public Health department to find their guidelines on self-quarantine. Public Health Madison & Dane County’s website can be found below.
Additional COVID-19 Travel Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 travel information page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services COVID-19 page: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm
- Public Health Madison & Dane County COVID-19 page: https://www.publichealthmdc.com/coronavirus/recommendations-and-guidance
- Airline COVID-19 pages can be found on our website: https://www.msnairport.com/flight_travel/airlines